2 Bigs + 4 Littles under 1 Midsize Roof = Life As We Know It
Random header image... Refresh for more!

Timeline: Happy Easter!

Goodwin children (from left: Brenda, Nora, Sonya and Kenneth); Safford, Arizona; 1974.

Hemmings children (from left: Keillor, Kerrick, Kennah and Kellen); Tempe, Arizona; 2010.

I thought it would be fun to show my sisters and I wearing the coordinating Easter dresses my mom made for us when we were young, and then show Kennah wearing the dress I made for her this year. (My brother and my sons had to settle for store-bought attire in these photos, but I’ve promised my boys that I’ll try to at least give their Easter shirts some mom-made attention next year.) 🙂 Here are a few more fun shots of Kennah (and her baby doll, Mary) wearing their matching dresses. (I don’t know how my mom made three whole dresses for her daughters several years in a row! It was all I could manage to put together one dress—plus a quarter-size replica—in the weeks leading up to today!) 🙂

Kennah in her "sparkly pink butterfly" confection—because it reminds me of cotton candy—of an Easter dress.

Perfect match: Kennah and Mary.

Perfect match: Kennah and Mary.

Be Sociable, Share!

7 comments

1 Tamara { 04.04.10 at 4:47 pm }

LOVE it! Did you just happen upon a really good picture of the 4 of them, or did that take staging and multiple, multiple takes. Very cool, Hemmings Family!!! The one of Kennah and Maryis adorable!

2 Kristi Wagner { 04.04.10 at 7:55 pm }

So beautiful!! I love ALL the pics!! And you even did Kennah’s hair so pretty!! You saw us today – we just found shoes (sometimes socks too!) and ran to church! You are amazing!

3 Sonya Hemmings { 04.05.10 at 9:35 am }

Thanks, Tamara. I took a few shots before I got one where everyone’s eyes were open and no one was making a goofy face. 🙂

4 Sonya Hemmings { 04.05.10 at 9:36 am }

Thanks, Kristi! Shoes and socks are always an issue for us when we’re trying to get out the door, too. 🙂 And I was so glad when Kennah asked me to braid her hair! She rarely lets me do anything with it.

5 Juli { 04.07.10 at 10:50 am }

You are very talented! That doll outfit is an adorable companion to a wonderful dress. I wouldn’t even dream about attempting something like that. Okay, it would have to be in my dreams, is more accurate!!

6 Sonya Hemmings { 04.09.10 at 9:51 pm }

You’re so sweet, Juli! I’ve been thinking about you! You do things that I only dream about, too (except for maybe breaking my foot in a hot-air-balloon crash!). 🙂

7 Easter Dress-up | hemmingshalfdozen.com { 04.24.11 at 10:42 am }

[…] year, Kennah and I made super fancy matching Easter dresses for her and her baby doll, Mary (click here to take a look back). We wanted to continue the tradition this year, but we didn’t have time to […]