2 Bigs + 4 Littles under 1 Midsize Roof = Life As We Know It
Random header image... Refresh for more!

Timeline: Kennah’s Easter Dress

6 comments

1 Tamara { 03.21.10 at 11:13 pm }

Sew adorable! :o) I love the idea of the petals! I wish I had done something like that when Kristelle was little. I can just see Kennah spinning around in her new dress! Does she have to wait for Easter??

2 Yvonne { 03.22.10 at 11:21 am }

I love your layout photo also. All your brilliance and love show here young lady. I know it is something Kennah will treasure – through all of her years.

3 Wendy { 03.22.10 at 11:43 am }

Sonya, that’s adorable! I had to send it to Cheryl right away. You must post a picture of Kennah wearing it. Is that an old pattern? Only because the Simplicity envelope reminds me of my childhood! Good job posting again! I finally did too, today, after a little hiatus!

4 Sonya Hemmings { 03.22.10 at 9:23 pm }

Thank you, Tamara! Kennah will have a hard time waiting until Easter—but yes, she has to!

5 Sonya Hemmings { 03.22.10 at 9:27 pm }

Thank you, Wendy! Simplicity has been around a long time (since probably way before we were kids). This pattern is from 1999, when, believe it or not, I bought it before I ever had kids or knew whether I would one day have a daughter. (Back then I was doing a lot of sewing for my niece and nephews, but I never got around to making this particular dress until now.) As I was sewing it, all of the kids wanted to try using the foot pedal of my sewing machine, and they loved the story I relayed about you getting “speeding tickets” during the sewing portion of your home-ec class. 🙂
Love,
Sonya

6 Sonya Hemmings { 03.22.10 at 9:28 pm }

Thanks, Aunt Yvonne! I had so much fun doing this! I’m glad it shows! 🙂 I just wish my mom had saved some of the Easter dresses she made for me and my sisters. I have some photos of us wearing them, which I’ll try to scan in and post on Easter Sunday.
Love,